Released in 1956, the Eames Lounge Chair and Ottoman has been an icon for high-end furniture ever since. Now we can see how a unique and long lasting design is manufactured. Developed by designers Charles and Ray Eames, the sophisticated lounge chair design continues to adorn our homes. In the video below, you can see how the world-renowned Eames Lounge Chair and Ottoman receives attention from skilled workers. From carefully tracing the shape of the future chair on leather to putting together the pieces of plywood, the chair emerges from the combination of a classic design and attention to details. Three curved plywood shells glued together and shaped under heat and pressure shape the basic structure of the famous lounge chair. Leather cushions with zippers ensure a comfortable seating experience and a soft but firm support. Vitra, producer of the chair for the European market, presents the manufacturing of the Eames Lounge Chair and Ottoman. Enjoy!
About Articles & Blogs
Here at ShopAD.net, we've gathered the most interesting voices in design and architecture from around the blogosphere and given them a home. Follow rising young architecture students as they complete the Yale Building Project. Hear what Cameron Sinclair of Architecture for Humanity is up to in Haiti. Spend a few minutes with top designers, stylists and architects in our "Five Minutes with ..." features. Welcome to your one-stop-shop for design inspiration.
- Jacqueline Weeman, Gorgeous kitchen with some great ideas!
- doreen Shelley
- Museum of Arts and Design, i study as an architecture in the University of At...
- Eldorado Stone, I have used Eldorado Stone on many homes and found...
- The Story of Eames Furniture, Thanks for the heads up. One of the all time great...
- Modern-day Marvels, Those would be cool for photoshop. I can't believe...